sian.grace.carter (me) and A New Perspective

sian.grace.carter (me) and A New Perspective
there lived a 14 year old girl with a competitive drive, loving heart, and a thing for excellence who began keeping a blog

2.19.2010

Winter Walk

The ground is frozen beneath my feet The frosted blades of grass Are crushed By the steps of my patient stride Every exhale of my breathing Is revealed by the icy air Smoky but shallow like steam As I wander on Walking feels like splitting The air, momentarily, in two It's just so crisp, so fresh So present A gentle wind Dances its way over to me From behind every branch of dry wood The breeze, 32 degrees Fahrenheit, of cold air touches my cheeks And flushes them with pink rouge As I stroll on The faint glow of the sun Shines through the wispy cotton of The noonday cloud This glow makes me smile With chapped lips Rays of this light speckle the small patches Of snow with an illusion of glitter On every gathered snowflake that fell to fuse with another I can't find the words To share with you How good a day Like this one feels The words I want to exist Are too perfect and untouched To share with the tongue of man Unless you know the feeling Unless you've shaken hands with such a feeling I guess this walk Can only stay a memory I share with winter

No comments:

Post a Comment