sian.grace.carter (me) and A New Perspective

sian.grace.carter (me) and A New Perspective
there lived a 14 year old girl with a competitive drive, loving heart, and a thing for excellence who began keeping a blog

2.19.2010

Reaching Shore


Days, since words were spoken
Weeks, since hearts were broken
Minutes, since I've met your eyes
Months, since I've bothered to even try
Happiest I've been since December
Because I've forgotten all I used to remember
Thinking I needed you is not how I think anymore
Leaving you behind felt like reaching a far off shore
It feels good to stand where I stand now
After swimming sea after sea, it's a miracle I haven't drowned
I lost myself along the way, but I found me
It took some time but it all feel into place, eventually
It's taken four months to end up here
Close enough to our ocean without being too near
Looking out at that vast water slowly takes me back
I hold my ground and the memories lose
backwards with you will never be the direction I choose


No comments:

Post a Comment