sian.grace.carter (me) and A New Perspective

sian.grace.carter (me) and A New Perspective
there lived a 14 year old girl with a competitive drive, loving heart, and a thing for excellence who began keeping a blog

3.08.2010

One Thought After Another

I can feel the distance between us
The only thing you've given me
That I can trust
We don't know what tore us apart after we said "forever"
Better yet, tell me what kept us together
It was all so short that it felt like one moment
I gave you my heart
But you weren't very good at owning it
I have to admit that I thought we'd last longer
I guess love left us out on the street
And we were goners
You ran away without any second thoughts
I just lay there and in the net of sorrow my tears were caught
The moon crossed the sky
Marking the months that I was without you
And I held it all inside until I had to let you know the truth
I told you I loved you
But again there were very few words you were strong enough to say
I wish I could have seen your face when you said I'm sorry
But my tears blurred the way
And here we find ourselves still figuring out how to recover
We won't look back
But we won't forget what we've both discovered
Maybe in some way we'll always be a part of each other
Maybe we're both thinking about it
One thought after another

by Sian Carter


No comments:

Post a Comment